The health and safety of clients, families and staff is top priority during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Under the direction of Shared Health Manitoba, SSCY Centre will remain open and health-care services will continue.
- A mandatory screening process is in place at the front entrance of SSCY Centre, which is staffed by nurses. Pre-screening of clients is also being done over the phone during appointment reminders.
- A triaging process will be put into place in each clinical area to determine whether clients need to be seen in person, could be seen through a virtual visit, or whether appointments could be deferred to a later date without negative impacts.
- Recreational Programming at SSCY Centre will be suspended until further notice. LIFE Program’s yoga and cooking classes are being provided online through Facebook Live. Please visit our Facebook page for up-to-date schedules.
TIP SHEETS AND RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES
These tips and resources have been provided by RCC staff for clients and families to use during COVID-19 outbreak period. If you are looking for other resources related to our services, visit our Educational Resources and Practice Guidelines page.
Regulation and Behaviour Tips and Resources
- Being a Co-Regulator
- Calming Spaces
- Calming Strategies
- Active Child – Testing Boundaries
- Becoming a Sensory Detective and Reframing your Child’s Behaviour
Fun and Free At-Home Activities
- Tips and Tricks for fine motor development
- Coordination Dice
- Balance Dice
- Ball Dice
- Fortune Teller Skill Development
- Move and Match Yoga
- Simon Says
- Play Ideas for Home
- Occupational Therapy – Activity a Day for May
Manitoba FASD Centre Updates
Child Development Clinic